Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

I love canada!

Since my last post not too much has changed. It's my last night here and I am feeling a little sad, I don't want to go back to the UK.

My friends Matt and Suzanne came to stay in Lake Louise for 2 days as part of their Canadian snowboarding holiday. It was so nice to see them. They snowboard quite a bit better than me so I didn't get to see them much on the mountain but we had a lovely time. We visited Lake Louise itself and also wandered around Banff (mostly looking at snowboard shops) .

(Alicia, Matt and Suzanne at lake Louise)

It feels a little sad to have Kate gone. I know she is having fun wherever she is. I have been hanging out with her friends who are lovely and soooo much fun. It's like being a teenager again. Drinking games and bad dance nights at the local bar. We all invented this awsome drinking game titled "kniffy spinny" I shall have to teach it to all that I know. It involves a ring of beer cans a knife and a box for the aptly named box head.

(a game of kniffy spinny in action - note the box head)

I have had so much fun here I don't want to leave. Canadians are so lovely and friendly. All of Kate's friends (mostly mountain staff) have been lovely a big thanks to Mark and Jaqui who have been gorgeously helpful and fun, sorry I never got to say goodbye! Thanks to my snowboarding companions Stina and Seb !Huck the Gnar! Man and rock some sweet moves in the park! Next time I might go out of bounds with you!

(Hucking the Gnar with Sebastian and Stina)

My boarding is improving with every step. Thanks to Trev my most awsome snowboard technical instructor extraordinaire! Today was my last day on the board so I went a bit stupid, I did my first black run, and went in the park. I landed a slide on a box (only to be taken out by a bamboo marker pole I didn't see further down the hill, caught of film, hilariously funny!) but also stacked on a jump and hurt my butt!

(Trevor - Snowboarding instructor extraordinaire)

(picture perfect weather)

(Me with board)

I could not have asked for a better holiday. The weather was perfect. Snow some days, bright clear sunshine with postcard views from the mountain. My boarding is improving, I had great fun and met lots of fantastic people. I know I have said how friendly everyone is, but people here are so friendly, lovely and open. Something I think you miss in the UK. I had a 5 hrs wait in Calgary airport before my flight which I spent in a bar :) I met some lovely people who were also waiting for their flights who just started chatting to me about life and travels. I got all sad when I got on the plane. It's off to grey old London town and work :(

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia, sounds like you continue to have amazing experiences. Hope work is treating you ok. Is there any sign of you coming home this year?
Love Jen xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home