Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Austria

Well it wont be much of a post as I did not spend a long time in Austria.

Will and I set off for a night and a day in Vienna. It was very sad seeing Kate off, like any good friend she ran alongside the train waving madly as we sped away. Afterwards we both felt so flat, we all clicked so well when we met and we have become great friends.

Arriving late at night in Vienna, we were turned away from lots of hostels and hotels we did not realise it was a long weekend. We managed to find a place at the Hotel Motzart a bit out of town, even though Will had offended the guy by asking about more central places to stay, he forgave us and gave us a room. So we were tired and sad but still managed to have a good time.

We spent the next day visiting more Christmas markets (I am now truely sick of them) and the sights of Vienna, we had no guidebook or tour but had a great day wandering aimlessly around the city.



















That night I had to say good bye again (even sadder as now I am all alone) I was off to Salzburg and Will to Rome.

















I did not stay in Salzburg long, it was raining my hostel was awful it was a family hostel so more like a school camp full of 14 year old girls who screamed and cranky old people. I walked around for a while but felt I needed to get out of there. I will have to come back it really is amazing and I would like to see the hills and lakes but the weather and my mood were not condusive.

I decided to take the train earlier than I had planned to Slovenia, the scenery on the way through the alps where it was snowing was spectacular. So more to come soon.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia, it sounds like your still having a great time touring europe.
If your interested check out myspace.com/seastarjen to see some wedding pics. Hope all continues to go well with your travels and work.
Love Jen xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home