Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Slovenia

well, I just wanted to head out of Austria asap. I was very much looking forward to Slovenia which I have heard a lot about. The train ride was beautiful through the alps so pretty and picturesque it even snowed which is very exciting for me.

I went to a small town called Bled which is set in the Julien Alps. It is so pretty set on a clear lake in which a small island on which there is a church. A large castle sits on the hill above the lake and the mountains surround it. It is like a postcard but in real life.

















I was staying at a lovely hostel, with only one other person in it, a sweet Japanese guy. I walked around the lake, watched the ducks. I then had a nice coffee and visited the castle.

























Later that day I took the bus to Ljubljana, the countries capital. It looked stunning at night with the trees along the river decorated with chirstmas lights. It had a great tree and looked georgeous. There is not a lot to see and do in terms of touristy stuff, but the city is quite happening there are lots of nice coffee shops and bars.











I walked around town looking at some of the lovely buildings, visited a pharmacist as I came down with a bad cold/tonsilitis, went to the castle and to the castle tower for some great views and visited the dragon bridge.



















I'd decided to go visit Will in Budapest and take a cheap flight from there unstead of making my way to Croatia and flying back from there. For a few reasons the main one being I wanted my travel buddy back and also by the time I got to croatia it was going to cost me a lot just to sit on a ferry for a day not be able to get off due to time contraints and I would only spend a few hours in Dubrovnik before heading back to the UK.

So Budapest here I come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home