Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Bolivia

I was thinking about not coming to Bolivia. I let some of the scare stories get to me and sure it is a country with not the safest reputation, but the time I have been here I have had no trouble at all.

I am so glad I came, it is a truely amazing country, the landscapes are awesome (desert to jungle to colonial towns that should belong in europe) and each city varies with a completely different vibe. There is a definate mix of rich and poor here. It has its fare share of problems with a history of violent strikes and demonstrations and is very unstable politically. Although it does not have the history and preserved culture of Peru, I feel that still it is far more interesting country.

I was here for May day. It was quite subdued, just marches no exciting stuff. The Bolivians are very family orientated which is nice to see. A lot of them are quite cute too, they have really big dark eyes here which give them are very cute factor, especially the kids.

The local people here are interesting. They are sometimes very indifferent, they want nothing to do with you and are almost rude. On the other hand I have met some of the loveliest and heart warming people here as well. I guess that sums up the country, difficult but very rewarding. I am so pleased that I made the effort to come here.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Thanks Jen, I am having and amazing time. It does get tiring travelling, but it is spectacular. I hope all the wedding plans are going very well.
Lots of love to you and Rus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home