Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Copacabana - The Hottest Place North of Havana??




Well, unlike the song. Copacabana is not North of Havana. It is actually South in Bolivia and on Lake Titicaca. It is quite hot during the day but at night as soon as the sun goes down it is freezing cold.

Situated right on the lake is is a very pretty town, again at an elevation of 3800m (I hope I come back with some Olympic high altitude training fitness). It is a very laid back town and is full of cafes. It seems to be mostly populated by traditional bolivianos and hippies that have left Peru so they can sell handmade jellery on the streets (it is illegal to do that in Peru). As suspected I have done some shopping :)

I stayed at this amazing hostel with private room, great food and awsome showers (it is something you come to appreciate it South America).

I spent one day exploring the Isla del la Sol (island of the sun). According to Incan mythology it is where the sun was born. In the evening back in Copacabana I hiked up to a sacred site where you get a great view of the Sunset.

Today I am off to La Paz which should be a fasinating city.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Right on who the hell are you????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home