Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Reggaeton


Well I thought I would just write to explain about reggaeton. It is a kind of music wildly popular all over Latin America. It is basically a sped up regae beat, a bit like dance hall. Every song pretty much has the same beat with rapping in spanish over the top. Sometimes it is catchy but mostly (because I have been listening to the same songs) it can get a bit much.

It began in Puerto Rico but now there are many artists from other countries. Like rap music the film clips have many a girl in skimpy clothes, this being Latin America I think they have even less clothes.

The dancing style is described as Perreo, which is basically grinding, where a couple will basically grind against each other on the dance floor doggy style. Due to this I decline dances to Reggaeton!

One of the biggest artists at the moment is Daddy Yankee, who had a huge hit with the song ¨Gasolina¨ and the new hit ¨Romper¨.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Wow, I did not know that Inge. Thanks! It is hard to think about this kind of music being popular outside of South America given most of it is in Spanish!

I am now trying to imagine KAte langbrook dancing to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home