Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Londoner



Well after my trip I was for some reason looking forward to coming back to the UK. I have no-idea why, maybe I was a bit deluded. I guess that I was looking forward into moving into my new place and having a room that was mine and a nice kitchen and some cool housemates.

However when I got back every thing seemed to fall apart. I got back and moved into my new place. I'd been dating this guy and that didn't work out, one of my new housemates was a real jerk to me and work was still crap and to top it off I had the flat feeling you get when you come back from holidays.

Well it is true I am officially a Londoner. That's right I know when I left I was determined to be not another Australian in London. But work bought me down to the South East and Maidstone is some where you live only if you have a senior's card for the bus. I used to spend every weekend in London with the friends I had there when I was living in Maidstone so the move was some what logical.

So I have been living in London but commuting to work in Maidstone (takes mean hour and a half) crazy I know but I am looking for work here. Most of you probably know that I have decided not to come home yet. Yes, a big part of me thinks I am crazy and I often think what have I done. I miss all my friends back home and yes I gave up and great job, the weather sucks I miss the good coffee and food and have a stalker (yes mum I went to the police and had to be report it) and all this does not help especially when you are going through a rough patch. However I feel that if I come home back to my old job and settle down my adventure will be all over and I'm not ready for that quite yet.

It was great to catch up with Bec when she was in town. She had a lot of good advice as she has lived abroad for 4 years. For those of you that know me well enough, will no that I am quite a determined character. I've kind of set this goal for myself of trying to live and work in another country.

The good news is that things are looking up. Everyone in my house is fantastic, and the guy who threw his toys out of the cot has been nice ever since. I am now on holidays in europe again, and when I get back I start my new job in West London. I am settling in well, I just have to remember the good times I have had here. I have been out and about, getting some new furniture, getting to know my new housemates, exploring London, going out to bars, parties and seeing bands etc.

I live in Islington. For those not in the know that is North of the River, inner North East London the light blue squares on the Monopoly board (funny if you think about it given I lived in the Inner North of Melbourne.) Yeah, yeah it appears cheap but any area now that exists on a monopoly board is not cheap anymore. And at least I am not wayout West with all the other Aussies. It's an interesting area I live literally 2-3 mins walk from the new Arsenal stadium so on home game days it is interesting, the whole suburb is taken over by fans and police. I live near a really cool area of bars, shops, restaurants and clubs in Angel, but also it can get a little bit rough around the area as well.

So I am staying positive and am having a fantastic time in europe again. Keep a look out for more blogs. I'm also looking forward to Christmas with Cyz and New Years with Angela and Ronan

3 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better not turn into Arsenal supporter.

MVFC & WHUFC 4 EVER!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

If I turned into anything else I would probably get beaten up! It is something I can not decide.

I figure maybe I should give my support to which ever of my friends decides to take me to a game hint hint

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be a Spurs supporter...it will go down well with the locals :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home