Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Geneva

Well I took the train from Nice to Geneva where I stayed with my parents for 4 days. My dad’s friend Thomas works for the ILO so he now lives in Geneva. On our first night there Thomas threw us a fantastic dinner party, with a to die for potato soup with fresh truffle mmmm.

Geneva is a nice clean efficient city and it is not that big (500,000) but it has such an international feel to it and you hear many different languages being spoken however the main language is French. We spent most of our first day just wandering around and spending some like walking around lake Geneva. In the late afternoon I caught up with my friend Tim from Costa Rica. He was in the same class as me at the Spanish school in San Jose. He now lives in Geneva where he is going to university. We got some beers and spent the afternoon by the lake and then dinner with my parents

The next day we went to visit the UN and also went to the Red Cross museum which was very interesting and also had some very moving displays.

Our last day we went up a nearby mountain on a cable car where we had some lovely views of Geneva and also Mt Blanc. In the afternoon we did a spot of shopping but for mum and I it was very much window-shopping as Geneva would be one of the most expensive cities I have been to. Also got to have another beer with Tim, which was nice before a good bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home