Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Iguazu

Well after a record long 26 hour bus ride, I arrived in Puerto Iguazu in the morning. I checked into my hostel and then headed straight to the national park as I only had one day there before heading to Buenos Aires.

















Iguazu is famous for the Iguazu falls, which are composed of 250 seperate cascades and is spread over the boarder between Argentina and Brazil. They are surrounded by a tropical rainforest.

















The most spectacular is the Garganta del Diablo or DevilĀ“s throat in English which is a semi-circular waterfull which is extremely large and powerfull. The photos do not seem to do the falls justice but I took a great little film with my camera to show how awesome they are.

















I spent the whole day at the falls and national park then headed back to my hostel which was really cool and had another late and sociable night. Now I am headed for the capitol Buenos Aires!

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia,

Sounds like your having lots of fun!!! I'm extremely jeolous!!!!

Its probably too late, but if you get chance on your way to Bounos Aires, see if you can goto Esterios Del Iberia.

Its a beautiful wetlands area with loads of wildlife (capibura's, caymen, birds galore, monkeys, and a funny little dog that has ears like yoda). At the bottom of this page there are some pictures from it http://holiday.amcms.org/gallery/view.php?gid=2&page=1

You can get there by going to Mercedes, where they have the absolute best ice cream!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home