Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Navimag

I have spent the last 3 nights and 3 days on a boat called ¨Navimag¨ we sailed from Puerto Montt in the lake district to Puerto Natales in Patagonia. It is actually a large cargo ship that has been outfitted to carry passangers as well as trucks and cows. Some of the cabins are pretty much in with the cargo, as in high season the ship takes on 200 passengers.

















It now being low season there was just 14 passangers so we all had nice cabins. We all got to know each other and we had a really great group of people. I was sharing my cabin with two Brasilian girls well I say girls, but they were quite a bit older than me but they were lovely and a heap of fun. We also had 3 Aussies (a mum and daughter and their friend) a lovely spanish couple. Some English boys who kept to themselves.

I have hooked up with a sweet couple Nina and Rob, and an Irish guy Tom who were also on the boat. We are staying together and tomorrow we are going to do some hiking in Torres del Paine national park.

















The boat ride was great we sailed through many patagonian channels and saw some great scenery. They fed us all well and showed us films. It did get rough when we went out to the Pacific to the ¨Bay of Sorrows¨ we were all rolling around in bed, and the gales were force 7 so I was sick but felt ok afterwards. But it only lasted was for about 12 hours the rest was smooth sailing, we got to see seals and birds and generally I really enjoyed myself.

Will put some photos on soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home