Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Puerto Natales - Torres Del Paine

Well you may have to ignore the date of this post as it has been a while since I have written so I have to do some catching up.

After the Navimag ferry we (that being Nina, Rob Tom and I) were staying at this great hostel which was run by a lovely woman where it was warm and we had freshly baked bread everyday.

















We did a three day trek into the National Park Torres del Paine. It is a huge tourist attraction in Patagonia Chile, however we were there in low season so we saw no other hikers for the whole time. It was if we had the whole park to ourselves. The walk was mostly flat but a little hard going as we had to carry all our own stuff including food. We stayed at a refuge in the night, where we kept warm by the fire.

















The scenery was breath-taking. We walked through a vally surrounded by huge jagged peaks, snow-capped mountains and blue lakes all of which were spectacular. We saw condors flying and the second day we walked to a glacier and sat there for a while listening to it rumble. Where I took some really interesting photos.

The people I am travelling with are lovely, all very easy going and lots of fun. Back in Puerto Natales we were all greatfull for a warm shower and then went out for dinner. One night it was -12 degrees (so I do not want emails from home complaining about how cold it is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home