Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Monteverde Dos



Hey All,

Well my second day in Monteverde was interesting! In the morning I missed the early bus to the Monteverde cloud forest reserve so I decided to go to the Santa Elena reserve it is not as touristy as Monteverde reserve and everyone says it is better. Well I decided I would walk this trail that looked cool. I was walking along this overgrown muddy trail, I felt like I killed more plants than I saw when I walked along, and I managed to fall on my arse 3 times. I walked 3.5Ks over following the barely there trail, I crossed 3 rivers like the map said, then I hit a forth river that did not exist on the map and there was no trail on the other side. I was pretty upset as I had to hike all the way back. To top it off I saw only two birds and a tiny spider that had decided to make a web on my back pack.

After that horrible experince I went for a twilight night tour of the Childrens Cloud Forest Reserve, where we saw some sloths, tarantulas (¿sp?) and many birds. It was a lot of fun but buy the end of the day most of it hiking in 7kms in mud I was pretty tired it was off to bed early for the 6:30am bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home