Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

More Volcanos and leaving school


Well, On Friday I had my last day of school it was kind of sad because I had bonded well with the other students and we had lots of fun (hello to all you swiss and girls from Licktenstein, Sorry I can't spell your countries name). We went to the movies often (here it costs me $1.2 US to see a movie) and even developed a regular bar. My spanish has improved a lot but I worry about loosing it staying in hostels where most people speak English. As better as my spanish has become, I feel that I am like my dad in that I will only really be satisfied with my spanish until I am fluent. So after a big night of partying of the town (thanks for the dancing Claudio) and a very hung over class. I caught a shuttle bus to a town call La Fortuna. The bus ride was great I was the only one on the bus I spend most of the bus ride chatting with the driver. At one of the rest stops I got chatting with the guy at the counter who asked me if I had any Australian money, turns out I had a left over $5. He was really cute he collects money from all over the world and he asked me if he could buy my $5 note. I told him it was a gift ($5 Aus is kinda useless to me) he got so excited. After we started driving off his wife started chasing the mini van to give me a costa rica firdge magnet for a present it was so cute!

Anyway to the exciting stuff, my first night in La Fortuna I got convinced by this group of great girls (2 germans and a Mexican) to go to the local night club. I was so tired but after many a game of Table Football and Merengue dancing later I had lots of fun. The next day I headed to a tour of Volcan Arenal, after hiking for 45 mins in the rain I had low expectations of seeing anything (most of the time the volcano hides in fog). We waited until dark, even though it was still cloudy we got to see some lava and exploding rocks. Afterwards I got to go the nearby volcanic hotsprings which was cool. I met a lovely couple from london Carl and Karen who are working on a volunteer house here, we went out for again some more beers. Tried to but did not get to bed early ready for the ride to Monteverde.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home