Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Monday, October 29, 2007

A few weekends ago I went to visit Ireland. I finished work on Friday and headed to the airport and popped on the plane. It still excites me to be in another country after a one your flight.

I went to visit my friends Angela and Ronan, who are living in Dublin. Since I had seen them over New Years they are now engaged which is rather exciting. They too are heading back to Australia in a few weeks.

We spent the Friday evening in Dublin then on Saturday we headed to the West Coast. After listening to Australia disappointingly loose to England in the rugby on the radio (yes for some reason more when you are overseas it is more important to defeat England at sport, as the English love to over celebrate every time they beat Australia – because it’s so rare) we arrived in the little village of Liscannor. This is was my second time in Ireland and it was the kind of Ireland I came to see. Beautiful green rolling hills separated by stone walls.


We then went for a pint (of lovely creamy Guiness) and then for a walk along the beach where there were lots of people surfing, the waves were not very big but there were lots of people in the water. Strange as you don’t really associate Ireland with surfing. We witnessed a beautiful sunset over the water. After a nice pub meal we had a few more pints before heading to bed.

The next morning we went to visit the Cliff of Moher. Which were spectacular cliffs that dive into the Atlantic Ocean. Rohan and I plucked up enough courage to get close to the edge but it was a little scary.
Spectacular the Ireland I came to see

That afternoon we drove back to Dublin, where we had a nice dinner. Then Ronan and I managed to Rock out hard to some Guitar Hero 2 on XBox. I started out terrible and then ended up being a bit of a bass guitar superstar our grand finale was Cherry Pie by Warrant! Although I still think I should stick to drums.

Ronan Rocks! The guitar hero champion

The next day I spent a lovely Autumn day wandering around Dublin before heading back home to London

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home