Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Visiting Home

In mid-November I headed home for the first time in nearly two years! My had the time gone quickly and a lot of people were shocked themselves to know that I had been away for two years.

After a long flight, I managed to stave off bad jet-lag and had a lovely few quiet days with my family going out to lunch and having lovely dinners with them. On the Saturday after my return, I had a great party with all my friends which was a load of fun and it was great to see everyone again and get rather drunk and have lots of laughs and it was great to remind me why I miss them all.

(Bye-Bye Johnny)

To top it off, it was election night and after 11 years we have finally got rid of our right wing government so there was much celebrating in my household, which was capped off by our smashing of John Howard pinatas.

I then headed to the Central Coast to visit my aunt and her partner in a small beach side town of Sawtell. It was the relaxing holiday I needed. Even though I was up at the crack of dawn with the birds I would go for a long beach walk every morning, which would start me of my day of good coffee, lunch a swim and then a relaxing dinner and early to bed. It was perfect to recharge my batteries and get some lovely sunshine. It's such a beautiful area which is tropical with lovely beaches and a gorgeous estuary. After being such a big city dweller for such a long time I love the whole feel of it there, with all kinds of Australia animals to be found, including the now famous green tree frog that lives in my Aunts toilet. Yes I know that would freak some out you out. Occasionally visits to the garden were required when he was floating in the bowl, but he spends most of his time hiding in under the rim.

(Froggie chillin' in the toilet)

It was great to see my aunt and her partner again and also to play with their new puppy Patch who greatly annoyed their more senior dog Bobbie.

After my visit I headed back to Melbourne and spent another two weeks there. I spent every night catching up with friends and family and I still feel like I didn't get to spend enough time with everyone. It was so nice to see friends of old and new. I had a nice time bike riding with my dad, I went to the soccer with my brother and had some lovely dinners cooked for my by friends. (nice dinner with my family)

It felt a little strange being back nothing had really changed but I guess it had in relation to me. Melbourne was still the great city I remember it being, possibly even busier. Not much had changed except for the docklands and the area there is definitely expanding.

(Melbourne by the river)

My time went by so quickly I was a bit sad to leave but also excited about starting a new life in Vancouver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home