Alicia and the Picaros!

A Blog of my adventures as I travel around the world.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Switzerland

So I headed on to Switzerland.  I had been to Geneva before

 but no-where else.  I arrived in Zurich late at night and then headed straight to bed.  The next day I wandered around town.  The hostel that I was staying at and the city are very similar in a way that they have everything you need or could want, perfectly clean, the people friendly and intelligent but it just lacks a little soul.

I walked around, and had a nice lunch, looked in some shops, walked around the lake a little. Had a nice hot chocolate.  I splashed out and bought myself a nice watch and the coolest thing I saw (for those of you that went to year eight Macleod High School German Class) check out what play was playing at this theater.

I then headed to Interlarken.  It is in a beautiful part of Switzerland, with lakes and surrounded by mountains.  I was planning on doing some walking but when I did arrive, I walked the long walk to the hostel in the snow.  Winter has come very early to Europe this year and several of the mountains and small towns are already covered with snow.  So that meant no-walking (my water-proof boots are on their way to Canada), so I met up with some others at the hostel, checked out the town and had cheese fondue for dinner, it was as it is cheesy and you feel rather full and tired after eating it.  It is quite a work out and one I wouldn't want to do on a regular basis.


The next day, Kate a Kiwi girl I met at the hostel decided to go Canon-Jumping.  Which was the only activity going on at the time. It involved jumping of a ledge then letting a rope catch you and swing you through the Canyon.  I was not up for it, but I became official videographer, which earned me a few drinks later on.

The next day I headed to Basel, but just for the night before flying home.

I was nice to travel again but this time it felt a little empty as I didn't have Will with me and also it lacked a bit of thrill as this time on the other side was not going back to work, but I will be heading home and then to Canada which I am very excited about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home